The main objective of our PTA is to raise funds to advance the education of our pupils by providing, and/or assisting in the provision of, facilities, equipment and experiences that extend learning. We are a registered charity and The Association is managed by a group of volunteers. All parents, carers, guardians & staff are automatically members of the St Peter & St Paul Infant School PTA and are welcome to attend meetings. Please don't be shy, we would love to see you there.
We are passionate about our school and helping the children be the best they can be. Over the years we have raised money to help the school in numerous way, recently these have included:
We are always looking for new fundraising ideas and opportunities, but usually raise money through fun events & initiatives:
If you have any other ideas, please do let us know.
The PTA is always looking for new volunteers and for new ideas. If you would like to become involved, please come to one of our meetings.
Who we are:
Our Exec Committee is made up of the following parents:
Amy Ireson - Chair
Theresa Hartigan - Treasurer
Sarah Shoebridge - Secretary
You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can see a member of the committee in the playground or place a note in the PTA box.
Please click this link to access The St Peter & St Paul Infant School events page.
1) It is Great For Our Children! Being active in the PTA not only improves our school but makes you an excellent role model. Research confirms what we’ve always known: when children see parents involved in their school and learning, it encourages them to do their best.
2) It Builds Trust: Becoming part of the PTA is a great way to get to know other parents and staff, while gaining an insight into the workings of the school. With parents and staff striving towards the same goals, the parent group is instrumental in making a real difference in the school life of all children.
3) It Raises Welcome Funds: Whether it’s creating an outdoor classroom, stocking library with new resources or arranging a visit from a top author, the funds raised from PTA activities impact massively on the opportunities and experiences of all the children at our school.
4) It Forges Connections Beyond Our School Gates: PTAs are brilliant for building relationships with the local community, from events, sponsorship's from local businesses, and mentions in local press.
5) It Is Good For You: Every parent has plenty to offer a PTA, and whether it’s being on the committee, helping out at events or organising meetings, your talents will be put to good use. As well as being enjoyable and satisfying, you can build your confidence and learn new skills too.